Wednesday, February 24, 2010

ESPN Suspends Host Tony Kornheiser for Bashing Fellow Anchor Hannah Storm

ESPN announced Tony Kornheiser, co-host of its weekday Pardon the Interruption, is on a two-week suspension following his snarky comments last week about an outfit worn by fellow ESPN host Hannah Storm.

Hurtful and personal comments such as these are not acceptable and have significant consequences," Executive Vice President for ESPN John Skipper said in a statement. "Hannah is a respected colleague who has been an integral part of the success of our morning SportsCenter."

"She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body," he said. "I know she's very good, and I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN... But Hannah Storm today? Come on now. Stop. What are you doing?"

Kornheiser apologized for his comments the next day on his radio show.

"I'm a sarcastic, subversive guy...I'm a troll, look at me. I have no right to insult what anybody looks like or what anybody wears. That, I think, should go without saying," he said.
 
Shop on Page